Do you want to learn how to tame a Panda in Minecraft? This article will teach you everything you need to know.
Minecraft features vast and infinite worlds filled with all sorts of mobs. You can fight them, gain exp, loot, or hunt and raise them for food and materials. But you can also meet and befriend different animals as you go along your journey.
One of them is the cute and fluffy Panda. These black and white mammals may look big and scary, but they are actually as soft and cuddly as they look. That’s why many players are wondering how to tame a Panda in Minecraft.
This article will take you through the whole process so that you’ll learn how to tame one yourself.
In this Article
What is a Panda in Minecraft?
Pandas are a type of animal that can be found in the game Minecraft. They were added to the game in the 1.14 Village and Pillage update. Pandas are quite rare and hard to come across since they are mostly found in bamboo jungle biomes, where they spawn naturally.
Pandas have several different personality traits that affect their behavior. There are currently six different panda personalities in the game:
- Normal: This is the most common personality type for Pandas. Normal Pandas will wander around and eat bamboo.
- Lazy: Lazy Pandas are slower than other pandas, and they spend most of their time sleeping or sitting around.
- Worried: Worried Pandas will run away from the player if they get too close, but they will still eat bamboo.
- Playful: Playful Pandas will sometimes roll over and play with each other. They also have a chance of dropping an extra item when killed.
- Aggressive: Aggressive Pandas will attack the player if provoked, so it’s best to avoid them if possible.
- Weak: Weak Pandas are slower than normal and have snot running down their nose. They also have only half of their usual HP.
- Brown: Brown Pandas are a rare variant of normal pandas. They have a different texture and can be bred with other pandas to create new brown pandas.
As of now, Adult Pandas and Baby Pandas don’t have much use in the game. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t awesome pets, especially with such alluring personalities. Not to mention that Baby Pandas have a 1/700 chance to sneeze a slime ball.
It would be pretty nice to have a zoo with Pandas in it. That’s why many are eager to learn how to tame a Panda in Minecraft.
How to Tame a Panda in Minecraft
Sadly, Pandas are not tameable like most animals in Minecraft, but they can be kept in an enclosure as pets and they can be bred as well.
Things You’ll Need
Here are the items you’ll need to make a Panda your pet:
- Any type of Fence
- Lead (Optional)
Step 1: Look for Pandas
Start by looking for Pandas in Bamboo Forests. These biomes are characterized by their tall bamboo stalks and green foliage. They are relatively rare, so you have to be patient in exploring different areas of the world.
Once you find a Bamboo Forest, you can now look for Pandas. Pandas are fairly easy to spot, as they are large, black-and-white animals that stand out against the green background of the bamboo.
Step 2: Collect Bamboo
The key ingredient in keeping Pandas as pets and breeding them is food. Since they love to eat, you will need some Bamboo to befriend them, as it is their favorite food. Once you enter the bamboo forest, collect some bamboo blocks by using tools like shears and axes.
Step 3: Make a Cage
Build a cage for the panda using blocks like fences, walls, or glass panes. Make sure the cage is big enough for the panda to move around in but small enough to keep it contained. We suggest that you make a fence and add a gate for easier access.
Step 4: Lure The Pandas In
Next, hold some bamboo in your hand, and nearby Pandas will follow you. You can keep any pandas you want, but if you want to breed them later, you should have at least 2 adult Pandas in your cage.
Walk inside your cage with the bamboo in hand, and the Pandas will go inside after you. You can also do this by using a Lead and luring the Pandas in.
If your cage is far from the bamboo forest, you can use a boat to transfer your Panda.
- How To Tame A Cat In Minecraft – Make A Feline Friend
- How to Breed Frogs in Minecraft [Complete Guide]
- How To Get a Saddle in Minecraft [Complete Guide]
- How To Tame A Fox In Minecraft And Get It To Follow You
- How To Hatch A Dragon Egg In Minecraft [Complete Guide]
Now you know how to tame a Panda in Minecraft, you can keep them as your pet, and you have more options once they are inside your cage.
You can give them name tags to prevent them from despawning or breed them by feeding them with bamboo, and they will give birth to cute little baby pandas.
Do you want more Minecraft tips and tricks, guides, and tutorials? Make sure you take a look at our Minecraft section. Comment down below, and we’ll do our best to answer your questions.