Do you want to learn how to grow Cocoa Beans in Minecraft? Read this article to know everything you need to get started.
Minecraft is a game that allows players to unleash their creativity and explore vast, blocky worlds filled with endless possibilities. One of the many activities players can enjoy in this game is farming, which involves planting and growing crops for food and resources.
Among the various crops that players can grow, cocoa beans hold a special place as they are an essential ingredient for making some of the most delicious treats in the game, such as chocolate cookies. That’s why many players are eager to learn how to grow Cocoa Beans in Minecraft.
What are Cocoa Beans in Minecraft?
Cocoa beans in Minecraft are an item that can be obtained by breaking cocoa pods that grow on jungle trees. These beans are primarily used as a crafting ingredient in various recipes. Cocoa beans can also be used as a dye for leather armor and other items, giving them a brown color.
Cocoa Beans can be grown and farmed in Minecraft. Overall, cocoa beans are a unique resource in Minecraft that can be used in many different ways. But it takes more than just throwing them on the ground to grow them.
How to Grow Cocoa Beans in Minecraft
Step 1: Gather the Materials
Cocoa Bean farming is a little different than most crops. To grow Cocoa Beans, you would need the following:
- Cocoa Beans/ Seeds
- Jungle Logs
- Bone Meal (Optional)
Where to get Cocoa Beans in Minecraft?
Cocoa Beans only grow in Jungle Biomes, specifically in Jungle Wood. Cocoa beans can be obtained by breaking cocoa pods that grow on normal-sized naturally-generated jungle trees. These cocoa pods can be found on the sides of jungle tree trunks or on the branches of trees.
To harvest cocoa beans, simply break the cocoa pod by punching or using a tool like an axe. Each cocoa pod contains 1-3 cocoa beans, and the number of cocoa pods on each jungle tree can vary.
Cocoa Beans cannot be planted on dirt or land. It will only grow on Jungle Wood logs. So while you’re harvesting some Cocoa Pods, make sure that you bring along some Jungle Wood as well, as this is where you will plant the Cocoa Beans.
Step 2: Place the Jungle Wood Logs
Now that you have everything you need, it’s time to set up your Cocoa Bean Farm. Start by placing your Jungle Wood anywhere you want. You don’t need to have water nearby to grow these, and they don’t require any light levels, so it’s quite easy to propagate.
You can place your Jungle Logs however you like, be it vertically or on a line, as long as there is space on their sides.
Step 3: Plant the Cocoa Beans
To plant the Cocoa Beans, simply equip them and right-click on one vacant side of your Jungle Wood. Now, all there’s left to do is wait for the pods to mature through their stages of growth or use Bone Meal to speed up the process.
It takes almost 6 minutes for every stage of growth to be complete naturally.
You can harvest the Cocoa Beans by breaking the pods, and you can replant them again. This way, you will have a renewable source of Cocoa Beans without having to go to the Jungle every time you need one.
Uses of Cocoa Beans in Minecraft
- Crafting: Cocoa beans are an essential ingredient in several crafting recipes, including cookies, brown wool, etc.
- Dye: Cocoa beans can be used as a brown dye to color wool, leather armor, banners, and other items.
- Farming: Cocoa beans can be planted on the side of jungle wood blocks to create a cocoa bean farm. These farms can be propagated as a renewable source of cocoa beans.
- Trading: Cocoa beans can be traded with farmer villagers in exchange for other items.
- Decoration: Cocoa beans can be used as a decorative item to add detail to builds, such as creating potted plants or adding a natural touch to a kitchen or bakery.
- How To Craft a Diamond Pickaxe in Minecraft – The Best Mining Tool
- How to Make Green Dye in Minecraft and Apply The Color To Your Items
- How To Get a Saddle in Minecraft [Complete Guide]
- How to Make a Composter in Minecraft [Complete Guide]
- How To Make A Barrel In Minecraft [Complete Guide]
It’s that easy! Now you know how to grow Cocoa Beans in Minecraft. Finding it is harder than planting it, so when you find a Cocoa Plant, it takes minimal effort to grow these bittersweet treats. Now, it’s time to start your own Cocoa Bean farm!
Do you want more Minecraft tips and tricks, guides, and tutorials? Make sure you take a look at our Minecraft section. Comment down below, and we’ll do our best to answer your questions.