Interacting with friends and strangers is one of the best things to do on Snapchat. However, what if you encountered someone rude, disrespectful, or someone downright creepy?
Fortunately for you, there are plenty of ways to circumvent these users — blocking them. But what happens when you block someone on Snapchat?
Today, we will discuss what happens when you block someone and whether it is the best thing to do.
We will also discuss different methods that Snapchat users use to limit or restrict interactions with people they don’t want to vibe with.
Are you ready to become a little bit more knowledgeable in Snapchat? We know we do!
In this Article
What happens when you block a person on Snapchat?
When you block a person on Snapchat, would the person know that they are blocked? No, they wouldn’t.
You will still be listed on their friend list, and they can still send you snaps and messages. However, will you be notified if a message has been received?
- You won’t be able to access the person’s Snaps
- You won’t be able to receive Snaps from them
- You won’t receive screenshot notifications
- Sent messages will be deleted when sent by a blocked person
- Unopened snaps can still be opened when sent prior to blocking the person
- Unblocking someone will require you to add them again to your friend list
Remember, if you feel like your privacy has been compromised or in any immediate danger, we highly recommend contacting law enforcement officials for better assistance.
- How to block Twitch Ads – Is it still possible?
- How to watch blocked YouTube videos – 3 simple solutions for watching restricted content
- How to watch movies on Kodi
- How To Block YouTube On Chromebook
How to block someone on Snapchat
Blocking someone on Snapchat is very easy. As of this writing, there are two known methods of blocking someone.
However, blocking someone should be the last resort as there are many ways to limit interactions or communication with someone.
However, if you’re all set on blocking someone, we recommend learning both techniques as they can be pretty handy in certain situations.
Here are the steps on how to do both:
- Step 1: Open Snapchat App and access the Chat screen
- Step 2: Under the Contacts List, access the person’s Profile Icon by tapping and holding it
- Step 3: Once the drop-down menu pops up, tap on More
- Step 4: Tap Block and confirm to finalize settings
How to block someone on Snapchat via Chat
- Step 1: Under the Chat screen, look for the person’s profile and open up the Conversation List
- Step 2: Tap the person’s profile picture on the top left corner, and press the Gear icon (three-dot icon)
- Step 3: Tap Block and confirm to finalize settings
How to unblock someone on Snapchat?
Unblocking someone on Snapchat is easy; it basically follows the same process as blocking someone. Don’t worry; we’ll walk you through it!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Step 1: On your profile icon, tap on your photo and open Settings
- Step 2: Scroll down and search for Blocked
- Step 3: To unblock a person, simply tap the X next to their name to proceed.
- Step 4: You should be able to watch their public stories and chat history.
Alternatives to blocking someone on Snapchat
When you block someone on Snapchat, your account will also automatically unfriend that person.
If you feel like you will reconnect with that person in the future, we recommend avoiding the awkward friend request by using alternatives to blocking.
Here are some of the common ways to lessen interactions with that person:
- Silence messages from specific users – go to your Contacts list, tap on the profile, and press the three dots icon on the top right corner. You should see Message Notifications, tap on it and change from All Messages to Silent.
- Mute contacts – go to your Snapchat contact list, tap on the profile, and press the three dots icon on the top right. This time, look for Mute Story and toggle the switch on the right side. Press on Mute to confirm settings.
- Set Privacy settings to My Friends – under your profile, go to the upper right and tap on the cog icon (Settings), search for “Who can…” and select Contact Me. Choose Friends to further limit interactions with strangers.
Now that you’ve learned what happens when you block someone on Snapchat, we hope that navigating through the app will give you the peace of mind you’re looking for.
If you’re still receiving threatening messages, be sure to contact your local enforcement, okay?
Be sure to check out our other guides and expand your tech knowledge with us! Here are some guides that can help you get started: