The Exodus is an interesting add-on or plug-in for the Kodi. Basically, it allows people to stream content in HD quality as well as having an updated library. The problem is that the Exodus has been discontinued, which means that no further updates were given to the add-on, and the final version is what people use today.
There are also cases where your Kodi Exodus is not working. Don’t worry as here are some possible solutions that you can use to alleviate the problem.
In this Article
Update your Exodus’ version if needed
If you already have the Exodus installed, you may need to update it. While the Exodus is no longer receiving any new updates, you should match the version that you have to the final one that is available; otherwise, you’ll just end up finding a new add-on similar to the Exodus.
Re-installing your Exodus
Another popular method is to uninstall your existing Exodus and then re-install it again, and it will always be the latest or at least the final version available.
Steps to uninstalling your Exodus
- Click on the Add-ons menu from the left side of the Kodi.
- There should be an open package icon to the top left on the screen so, click on that.
- Select My Add-ons and choose Video Add-ons, then click on Exodus.
- Simply click on the Uninstall option on the lower right.
- Wait for the process to finish, and now you can proceed to re-installing the Exodus.
Steps in re-installing your Exodus
- Download a Kodi Repository Zip File from another source.
- The file will read as “repository.kodibae-X.X.X.zip” and make sure that it comes from a reliable source to avoid any problems.
- Go back to your Kodi and click on Add-ons once again.
- Go to the open packaged icon and click on the option where will “Install from a Zip file”.
- Choose the file that you downloaded earlier.
- Once the process is finished, click on the option “Install from repository”.
- Then proceed to look for the “Kodi Bae Repository” option.
- Go to Video Add-ons and select Exodus.
- Click on the Install option on the lower right and wait for the process to finish, and you’re pretty much done.
Clearing your Cache and Providers
This method involves cleaning up any unwanted and excess data on the Kodi that you no longer need. It does get rid of a lot of data in an instant, but part of that will help clear up the cache of data in the Kodi.
Steps in clearing your Kodi’s Cache and Providers
- Head to Add-ons and select My Add-ons.
- Go to Video Add-ons and select the Exodus.
- Click on Tools next, and you will see both the options Clear Cache and Clear Providers.
- It doesn’t matter which one of the two you start clearing out first, so just choose one over the other until both of them have been cleared.
- Once the process is finished, close the Kodi and relaunch it to see if the problem persists.
Using a VPN
This one is a bit of a costly one because you need to get a VPN. The reason for this is that your internet service provider may be blocking the content going to your Kodi. If you find a good deal on a VPN that you can pay for, then go for it.
It could be just your hardware
This could also be a stretch, but the problem may lie with your device where you use the Kodi Exodus. There could be cases where the Exodus is not compatible, or your systems may not be updated or just not enough to handle the Kodi. Just check it out on another device before making a final call.
If your Kodi Exodus is not working, then the solutions we provided should have been more than enough to help you with your problems, to say the least.