This Google browser touts a simple user interface, making it easy to use. That’s not all, each Google Chrome tab is a separate system process.
So, for instance, when one tab hangs, you need not close the entire browser. Instead, what you need to do is to close only the tab that has the problem.
No one can deny that Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers used by millions of people across the globe.
Now, with regard to some issues that users complain about, Google is doing its part. It is regularly pushing out updates to its browser in a bid to fix a slew of bugs and to boost the overall user experience.
If you wish to know details on how to update Google Chrome, this article provides you a guide to do so. Read on.
Steps To Update Google Chrome
Google says that when users close and reopen the browser, updates “normally happen” in the background.
However, if you have not closed your Google Chrome in a while, there is a need to check for a pending update.
So, here is what you have to do (it is as simple as ABC):
- You have to open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Look for More (three horizontal dots) at the top right part of the Chrome.
- You will then know how many days your browser was not updated based on the color of your menu icon:
- An update has been available for two days if the icon is Green.
- An update has been available for four days if the icon is Orange.
- An update has been available for seven days if the icon is Red
Now, it is time to update the Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Click More (three horizontal dots) at the browser’s top right part.
- Hit the “Help” button at the bottom part of the menu. Next, choose the “About Google Chrome” option.
- You will see this message: “Nearly up to date! Relaunch Google Chrome to finish updating.”
- Relaunch the browser so to apply the available update.
When the update is successful, you can see this message: “Google Chrome is up to date” along with the current version number under the “About Google Chrome” box.
There you have it: the steps on how to update Google Chrome. Updating Chrome is important so you will be certain that you are safeguarded by the most recent security updates from the Mountain View-based firm.
On top of that, this will absolutely make the whole experience smoother, faster, and, yes, more hassle-free.