Switch up angles and learn how to rotate items in Sims 4 with our simple guide!
The Sims 4 gives players the creative freedom to control an entire virtual world. Not only can you decide the appearance, career, personality, traits, and everything else for your Sims, but you can also manipulate their environment and surroundings.
One thing you can do is rotate objects. Learning how to do this simple task can enhance the way you maneuver around and your overall experience in this simulation world.
We’ll be teaching you how to rotate items in Sims 4 on different platforms and how to do it quicker and more efficiently.
Let’s dive right into it.
In this Article
How to Rotate Items in Sims 4
If you want to bring your dream house to life, everything must be in the right direction. This includes every piece of furniture, appliances, and decorations in your home.
You can do that and more by learning how to rotate stuff around. Here’s how you do it on different gaming platforms.
How to Rotate Items in Sims 4 PC
You can use your mouse or a keyboard shortcut to rotate items in Sims 4 PC.
- Go to Build Mode, select the item you wish to place, and rotate.
- Click on the right mouse button to rotate the item at 45° angles.
- Once you have it on the right angle, left-click to place the object.
- If you want to rotate objects freely, the Sims 3 Camera setting needs to be enabled. Then, you can use left-click and hold it while pressing down the Alt key on your keyboard to turn the object freely.
Once it’s facing the right direction, let go of the left mouse button to place it.
- Open Build Mode, select the item you wish to place, and rotate.
- Press the period key(.) to rotate the item clockwise and the comma key (,) to rotate it anti-clockwise. This will also turn the objects at 45° angles.
- Once it is positioned properly, simply left-click to place the object.
How to Rotate Objects in the Sims 4 Console
- Open Build Mode and select the object you want to rotate.
- Holding RB will rotate the item clockwise, and LB will rotate it counterclockwise.
- Simply let go of the button once the object is properly positioned.
- For free rotation of items, hold down both RB and LB and use the right analog stick to rotate the object freely. Let go of the shoulder buttons once you see the item is facing the right direction.
- Go to Build Mode and select the object that you want to rotate.
- Press R1 to rotate it clockwise and R2 to rotate it anti-clockwise.
- If you are satisfied with its direction, let go of the shoulder button to place the object.
- To freely rotate the object, hold down both R1 and L1 and use the right analog stick to rotate it freely. Let go of the shoulder buttons once you are satisfied with the position.
How to Rotate Objects in Sims 4 macOS
- Open Build Mode and select the item you wish to rotate.
- After that, click on the right mouse button.
- Use the right button on your keyboard to rotate the item at 45° angles. Once you have it on the right angle, left-click to place the object.
- To turn objects freely, you also need to enable the Sims 3 Camera setting. Hold the Alt key and left-click to select the object.
Then, move the mouse in a circular motion to rotate the item.
Once the item is facing the right direction, let go of the left mouse button to place it.
How to Enable Sims 3 Camera in Sims 4
This option needs to be enabled to rotate items in the game freely. Sims 4 uses its updated camera angle, but you have the option to use the Sims 3 camera.
To enable this, here’s what you have to do:
- Look for the “…” icon that’s located on the top-right of your screen and press it. This will take you to the Game Menu and you can do this from Live Mode, Build Mode, and Manage Worlds.
- Go to Game Options, then select Game Camera.
- Look for the box “The Sims 3 camera” and toggle it on.
- Hit Apply Changes to save everything.
Now that the Sims 3 camera is enabled, you can freely rotate objects in Sims 4 on the PC and Mac.
Also read: Sims 4 Relationship Cheats and Guide
Now you know how to rotate objects in Sims 4. Learning this in-game maneuver will bring you a step closer to becoming your own architect or interior and exterior designer.
Now, you can start creating more versatile and realistic builds that can only make your Sims’ world more vibrant and alive.
If you’re looking for more Sims 4 cheats like Career Cheats, Aspiration Cheats, Pregnancy Cheats, and more, GameGrinds is your number-one resource.
So make sure you bookmark, and don’t forget to comment your questions and suggestions down below.