Do you want to learn how to make Terracotta in Minecraft? Everything you need to know about this creative resource is right here.
Minecraft features an open world where you can virtually create, craft, and build anything you can imagine with all kinds of blocks. One of the blocks in Minecraft is Terracotta which is a very versatile material that can be used for decoration and building.
Terracotta generates naturally and can be gathered or farmed. But in this article, we’ll teach you how to make Terracotta in Minecraft from scratch so that you can have all the Terracotta you would ever need.
How to Make Terracotta in Minecraft?
Step 1. Gather Clay Blocks
Clay blocks can be found in the wild by digging in certain biomes, such as rivers and swamps. They can also be found in chests found in igloos, desert temples, and woodland mansions. You can gather clay by simply breaking clay blocks.
Step 2. Place in a Furnace
After you have gathered enough clay blocks, you will need to place them in a furnace. A furnace can be made by combining eight cobblestone blocks in a square shape.
Step 3. Add Fuel to the Furnace
Next, you will need to add fuel to the furnace. Coal, charcoal, or wood can all be used as fuel.
Step 4. Place clay blocks in the top slot of the furnace for smelting
Once the furnace is lit, place the clay blocks in the top slot of the furnace. The clay blocks will then begin to smelt, and after a short amount of time, they will turn into terracotta.
You can monitor the progress of the baking process by looking at the progress bar in the furnace interface. Once the progress bar is full, the clay blocks will have turned into terracotta.
Step 5. Remove from The Furnace
Once the terracotta is finished smelting, you can remove it from the furnace by right-clicking on the result slot in the furnace.
It’s worth mentioning that you can also use a stone cutter instead of a furnace to make terracotta.
To use a stone cutter, you will need to place it on the ground and then place the clay blocks in the top slot of the stone cutter interface.
Then you will have to wait for the process to finish and retrieve the terracotta from the result slot.
How to Make White Terracotta in Minecraft?
Requirements for Making White Terracotta
Making White Terracotta in Minecraft requires two kinds of items;
- First, the main ingredient which is the clay blocks.
- Then a bonemeal for the white coloring.
Steps in Making White Terracotta
- Step 1: After you have gathered all the necessary components, add the clay blocks to a crafting table to create four clay balls.
- Step 2: Then, add the clay balls to the crafting table along with 1 bonemeal.
- Step 3: Finally, the white terracotta will appear in the result box, and you can move it to your inventory.
Tip: To make Terracotta of other colors, simply replace the bonemeal with the respective dyes that you want.
How to Make Glazed Terracotta in Minecraft?
Requirements for Making Glazed Terracotta
To make a Glazed Terracotta in Minecraft, you would need;
- One block of Terracotta
- Any dye of your choice.
Different dyes can be crafted using various ingredients such as flowers, cocoa beans, lapis lazuli, etc.
Steps in Making Glazed Terracotta
- Step 1: Once you have your Terracotta block and dye, add them to the crafting table.
- Step 2: After that’s done, the glazed terracotta will appear in the result box
- Step 3: You can add it to your inventory.
Tip: You can change the dye to change the color of your Glazed Terracotta.
How to Make Green Terracotta in Minecraft?
Requirements for Making Green Terracotta
To make green terracotta in Minecraft, you will need to gather;
- Four blocks of clay
- One cactus green
Steps in Making Green Terracotta
- Step 1: Add the clay blocks to a crafting table to create 4 clay balls
- Step 2: Add the clay balls to the crafting table along with 1 cactus green
- Step 3: Take the Green Terracotta from the result box and add it to your inventory
How to Make Blue Terracotta in Minecraft?
Requirements for Making Blue Terracotta
If you want to make Blue Terracotta in Minecraft, you have to gather;
- Four blocks of clay
- One lapis lazuli
Steps in Making Blue Terracotta
- Step 1: Make clay balls by adding clay blocks to the crafting table.
- Step 2: Then, add the clay balls to the crafting table along with 1 lapis lazuli
- Step 3: Check your Blue Terracotta in the result box.
That’s everything you need to know to learn how to make Terracotta in Minecraft. Whether you’re looking for something decorative like wool and glass or a durable block for structures, the Terracotta is something you’ll definitely want.
Additionally, terracotta can be used in a number of Redstone contraptions, such as hidden doors or pressure plates. If you want to learn about something else in Minecraft, feel free to comment down below.