If you want to learn how to make Charcoal in Minecraft, then this is the article for you.
In Minecraft, and basically any survival game, fire is a necessary element for you to sustain your needs. From cooking food to making and forging tools, you’ll need fire. And of course, without anything to burn, there will be no fire.
There are a lot of fuel options in Minecraft, but one of the most renewable and accessible for beginners is Charcoal.
In this article, we’ll go over how to make Charcoal in Minecraft and how you can fully utilize this fuel source.
What is Charcoal in Minecraft
Charcoal is a fuel source in Minecraft that is used as an alternative to Coal. They basically have the same use as fuel for cooking, smelting, forging, etc.
Charcoal is made through smelting Logs and is more renewable than coal since it can be infinitely made as long as there are saplings, that’s why it’s a good Coal alternative for beginners, and you can keep making it in the late game as well.
Charcoal can’t be turned into Coal and it can’t be stacked together as well. Players who want a less finite source of fuel are eager to learn how to make Charcoal in Minecraft. It’s pretty simple, and we’ll show you how it’s done.
How to make Charcoal in Minecraft
1. Gather the Materials
First, make sure you have all the materials needed for making Charcoal.
- Any Wood Log
- Crafting Table
All you have to do to make Charcoal is smelt a wood log in a furnace. If you already have a furnace then most of your task is already done. You’ll also need fuel to smelt your wood logs. You can use basically anything made out of wood like a wooden sword, wood block, or any wooden item.
If you want everything to be more practical and efficient, you can turn your Wood Log into 4 Wooden Planks because they have the same cooking efficiency.
That way, you have more for less. Once you have made your first charcoal, you can use that to make more.
2. Make a Furnace
If you already have a Furnace, then you can just skip this step.
To make charcoal, you will need to build a furnace. To do this, you will need to gather eight cobblestone blocks. Cobblestone can be found by mining stone with a pickaxe.
Once you have gathered the cobblestone, open your crafting table and place the cobblestone in a square pattern, leaving the center square empty. Once you have created the furnace, place it down on the ground.
You can then use the furnace to smelt ores and cook food. This time we’ll be using it to make charcoal.
3. Smelt the Wood Logs
Now that you have your Furnace, it’s time to turn your wood into a piece of charcoal. Open the Furnace interface and place the fuel of your choice in the bottom slot. The best fuel we would recommend for beginners is Wooden Planks.
Then, place the Wood Logs at the top slot and start smelting. Once that’s done, you will be left with one piece of charcoal for every Wood Log you smelted.
Congratulations! You have just learned how to make Charcoal in Minecraft. But where can you actually use it?
What are the Uses of Charcoal in Minecraft
- Fuel source: Primarily, Charcoal can be used as a fuel source in a furnace to smelt ores and cook food. It can be used in place of coal.
- Torches: With your Crafting Table, Charcoal can be crafted into torches just like coal, which provides light in dark areas, making it easier to see and explore.
- Campfires: Charcoal can be used to fuel a campfire. This creates a cozy atmosphere and provides light, as well as allows players to cook food and roast marshmallows.
- Trading: Charcoal can be traded with villagers in Minecraft for emeralds. This can be useful for obtaining valuable items, such as enchanted books, armor, and weapons.
- How To Tame A Fox In Minecraft And Get It To Follow You
- How to Breed Axolotls In Minecraft: A Complete Guide
- How to Make Concrete in Minecraft: The Most Versatile Building Material
- Cute Minecraft Mods That Will Brighten Up Your Game
- Top 10 Popular Minecraft Mods to Download
Now that you know how to make Charcoal in Minecraft, you wouldn’t have to worry about running out of fuel. It’s quite easy to make, and the Crafting Table and Furnace will also help you all throughout your journey.
Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran Minecraft player, if you want to learn more Minecraft tips and tricks, recipes, tutorials, and guides, then you definitely have to visit our MINECRAFT section.
Image Credits: YouTube, Mining Cubes, GamingonPhone