Do you want to learn how to grow Wheat in Minecraft? This article will teach you everything you need to know.
Minecraft can be quite overwhelming if you’re a new player, especially if you have just spawned in your first few survival worlds. Not knowing what to do first, where to go, and what to find is a hurdle most beginners face.
In this article, you’ll learn about wheat, where to find it, how to grow it, and how to use it. Wheat is a crop that any Minecraft player should have in the early stages of a world.
Without further adieu, here is how to grow Wheat in Minecraft.
In this Article
What is Wheat in Minecraft?
Wheat is a crop in Minecraft that can be used as an ingredient in various recipes, such as bread, cake, and cookies.
Wheat is also used for breeding cows, sheep, and mooshrooms, which can be a valuable source of food and resources, especially in the early game.
To grow wheat, players need to obtain wheat seeds and plant them in tilled soil. Over time, the wheat will grow and can be harvested by breaking the fully grown wheat with your hand or a tool.
The wheat will drop wheat seeds and wheat, which can be used to replant and continue the cycle of growing more wheat.
It’s easy to find, and it can be used to kickstart your adventure. That’s why it is essential for every player to learn how to grow Wheat in Minecraft.
How to Grow Wheat in Minecraft
Step 1: Find the Materials
To grow Wheat in Minecraft, you would need the following:
- Wheat Seeds/ Seeds
- Hoe ( Any Type)
- Water Bucket (Optional)
- Bone Meal ( Optional)
Where to Get Wheat Seeds in Minecraft?
First, you need some Wheat Seeds to plant. You can get some by harvesting Wheat that’s already planted. But if you can’t find some, the go-to method of finding seeds is breaking tall grass.
This method will give you a variety of seeds such as Wheat Seeds, Melon Seeds, and Pumpkin Seeds. Keep looking until you have enough for your Wheat Farm. A minimum of 10 seeds is suggested.
You can also get them from chests in various structures such as villages, abandoned mineshafts, or strongholds.
How to make a Hoe in Minecraft?
You can make a hoe out of wood, stone, diamond, or gold, and it will do the job. You’ll also need 2 Sticks.
- Place 2 of the material you chose in the left and middle slot of the top row on your Crafting Table.
- Then place two sticks directly underneath the middle-top slot, and a hoe will appear in the result box.
Step 2: Prepare the Farmland
Wheat will only grow on tilled land that is irrigated. So find a nice spot with water nearby and lay out your farm.
If you are far from a water source, then you can create your own irrigation using a Water Bucket. But as a beginner, it’s easier to just place your farm next to a body of water.
When you have found a suitable location, take your hoe and right-click on the soil to till it and do this till you have enough room to plant your seeds.
Crops also need Light Levels of at least 9 to grow. If your farmland has water within four blocks, is tilled with a hoe, and has appropriate light levels, the seeds you plant will grow successfully.
Step 3: Plant the Seeds
With the preparations complete, it’s now time to plant your seeds. Take your Wheat Seeds and right-click on the tilled land to plant them.
Once that’s done, all there’s left to do is wait till the Wheat is ready to harvest.
You can also speed up the process by using bone meal for instant harvest. You can harvest Wheat by simply breaking the plant, and it will drop Wheat and more seeds for you to replant.
Uses of Wheat in Minecraft
- Bread: Wheat is a key ingredient in making bread, which is a staple food item in Minecraft. You can also use wheat in making cakes and cookies.
- Breeding animals: Wheat is used to breed cows, sheep, and mooshrooms. By holding wheat in your hand, you can attract these animals and use the wheat to breed them. This can be useful for creating a sustainable source of food and resources.
- Feeding horses: Horses can be tamed and ridden in Minecraft, but they need to be fed to maintain their health. Wheat is one of the items that can be used to feed horses.
- Crafting hay bales: Wheat can be crafted into hay bales, which can be used for decoration or as a storage block for wheat. To craft a hay bale, you need nine wheat.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for Wheat to grow in Minecraft?
Under the right conditions, most of the Wheat can be harvested 31 minutes and 3.14 seconds after planting. You can also use Bone Meal to skip the wait and harvest instantly.
Why isn’t my wheat growing in Minecraft?
Wheat will only grow if the soil is tilled with a hoe, and there are adequate light levels (at least 9) within 4 blocks. If you have followed these steps and it still isn’t growing, then check the following:
1. Is your farmland too close to a wall or other structure that could be blocking light?
2. Is there sufficient water near your farmland?
3. Are you using the right type of seeds for your biome? Different biomes require different types of seeds.
Wheat serves a vital purpose in Minecraft as it is utilized for nourishment and animal breeding.
Growing wheat is easy and can be done with just a few steps. By making proper preparations and exhibiting patience, you will soon enjoy the benefits of your hard work.
- How To Make A Furnace In Minecraft: Materials And Crafting [Complete Guide]
- How To Get a Saddle in Minecraft [Complete Guide]
- How to Make a Composter in Minecraft [Complete Guide]
- How To Make A Barrel In Minecraft [Complete Guide]
It’s that easy. Now you know how to grow Wheat in Minecraft, it’s time to go out there and start your very own Wheat farm.
Not only can you then make delicious baked items, but you can also use them to start your animal farm.
Do you want more Minecraft tips and tricks, guides, and tutorials? Make sure you take a look at our Minecraft section. Comment down below, and we’ll do our best to answer your questions.