Are you a PlayStation 5 user who loves to share games with your friends? Do you find yourself struggling to navigate through your disc collection just to find the game you want to share?
If so, fret not, as PS5 game sharing is here to make your gaming experience even better! In this easy step-by-step guide, we will show you everything you need to know about gamesharing on PS5.
Whether you’re a seasoned gamer or just starting out, this guide is designed to help you quickly and easily share your favorite games with your friends without any hassle. With PS5 game sharing, you can now enjoy your favorite games with your friends without breaking a sweat.
So, sit back, relax, and let us guide you through the process of gamesharing on PS5. Let’s get started!
In this Article
What are the benefits of Gameshare on PS5?
The Playstation 5 Digital Edition came to the rescue by developing a next-level console that comes with features similar to Playstation 4 when it comes to game share.
What’s also interesting is that you can also share games from PS4 with your PS5.
This will allow users to share their digital games with any users they please and let them play with them as if it is their own. However, this feature only allows game sharing with one person. Therefore you must make it count.
One handy benefit that this feature brings is that authorized users don’t have to purchase the games. Additionally, they will be able to access any PS Plus benefits that the user is enjoying. All you have to do is to follow some simple steps.
How to Gameshare on PS5?
With a whole new interface, menu, and settings, it can be tricky when you are gamesharing for the first time on your PS5. But it’s actually pretty simple and rewarding.
Here is how to gameshare on PS5.
Set Up Your Own Console
- Make sure that your console is connected to the internet before proceeding to the other steps.
- Log in to your PSN account by entering your password and username. Once done, find the Gear icon on the main menu, positioned between your avatar and the search tool to access the ‘Setting’ option.
- On the Setting tab, search for ‘Users and Accounts’. Open it and select the ‘Other’ tab.
- After successfully entering, you can see ‘Console Sharing and Offline Play’.
- If the Console Sharing and Offline Play options are enabled, click ‘Disable’ for you to be able to gameshare to another console. This is very important for the sharer. If you find a text saying ‘Enable’, it means that you won’t be able to gameshare, so change it to ‘Disable’.
- Finally, you can log out of your PSN account and proceed to the console that you wanted to gameshare with.
Setup The Other Console
- Log in to your account in the other PS5 that you wanted to game share with.
- If your account is not yet logged on to the console, you need to create one and sign in.
- Again, find the Gear Icon, and go to ‘Console Sharing and Offline Play’.
- Once there, click ‘Don’t Disable’ for you to be able to activate gameshare.
- Log out of your PSN account from the console.
- Once the owner logs in again with his own PSN account, he can now access your games and content from the first console.
What to do if Gameshare is NOT working?
Gameshare is strictly limited to one system at a time; thus, if you are the sharer make sure that you have clicked the ‘Disable’ option on your console before you activate it to the other console that you want to share with.
In conclusion, gamesharing on PS5 is a fantastic feature that allows you to share your games and media library with friends and family members.
Just remember that this feature is two-way, which means that you and the person you are sharing with will have access to each other’s games and content.
As long as you trust the person you are sharing with and follow the necessary steps to set up gamesharing properly, it can be a great way to save money and enjoy more games without having to purchase them individually.
If you wish to disconnect, you can disable it on the person’s console and re-enable it on yours by following the aforementioned steps.