Have you ever encountered this annoying glitch where webpages take forever to load on your PS4, or perhaps cloud saving is giving up on you every once in a while? You might be a victim of DNS issues. Fortunately for you, we’ve got a guide to helping you find the best DNS for PS4.
Using the fastest DNS servers on your PS4 can provide a different gaming experience. Most people would agree that it gives them the illusion of faster performance because of a smoother browsing experience.
So, is there an excellent DNS to use right off the bat? Well, the answer is not as simple as we’d like.
What is the Best DNS for PS4?
The best DNS for PS4 is highly subjective, especially when considering your location/region. Some places in the United States are filled with great options, while our European counterparts may have a harder time finding the best one.
Either way, the only way to find the best and fastest DNS server for PS4 is to test them out one by one. But how does one change DNS settings anyway? Are you well-equipped to handle a task like that?
How to edit DNS server settings on your PS4
Before you get to tinker with different DNS settings, you should first know how to enter these things manually. Fortunately for you, finding where to do it is very simple and straightforward. Whether you’re planning to play wirelessly or via ethernet, the process is pretty much the same.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Step 1. Go to Settings and open Network Settings
- Step 2. Under Network Settings, look for Set Up Internet Connection
- Step 3. Once Set Up Internet Connection is open, choose Custom
- Step 4. Select Automatic and go to DHCP Host Name
- Step 5. Under DHCP Host Name, choose Do Not Specify and proceed
- Step 6. Once in DNS Settings, select Manual
- Step 7. Enter Primary and Secondary DNS Settings and hit next
- Step 8. Change MTU Settings to Automatic and go to Proxy Server
- Step 9. Under Proxy Server, choose Do Not Use
- Step 10. Click on Test Internet Connection and wait for the results. Continue editing until you get your desired results.
Working DNS Servers for PS4 in 2023
Now that you have an idea of how to edit DNS servers for PS4, here are the best settings you can use this year. Again, we recommend trying out every value here because what works for others may not work perfectly for you.
Sure, the process may be tedious, but if what you get in return is an immersive online gaming experience, then it’s a hassle worth taking. Ready to take the plunge? Here are DNS settings to try:
|DNS Provider||Primary DNS Settings||Secondary DNS Settings|
Now that you’ve learned how ridiculously easy it is to change your DNS for PS4, we hope that you were able to get a server that works well for you. Remember that the process may take some time, but the result is always worth it, especially if you’re a constant victim of slow loading times.
Do you also use a Windows laptop, or perhaps a Chromebook by any chance? GameGrinds has all the important resources you would need to be tech-savvy in the 21st century. Be sure to check out some excellent guides and tech roundups.
More to check
- Best External Hard Drive for Chromebooks
- How to Change Language in Google Chrome on Android and PC
- 4 Best PS2 Emulators for PC
- How to Disable Pop Up Blocker on Chrome