Are you looking for a way to improve your internet experience? Since the advent of the internet, display ads have been commonly used to help companies fund their operations.
However, pop-up ads are probably the most annoying type of ad affecting users of all ages.
Visiting a website only to have 3-5 additional windows open is something most users rather not experience. This is the reason why pop-up blockers were invented.
In this Article
Several Forms of Pop-ups
These can come in the form of extensions and add-ons on Internet browsers. It can help you avoid unnecessary information and spam on your screen.
But, there are instances when you really need to disable these pop-up blockers on your chrome browser. Read on for more information about it.
Reasons to Disable Pop-up Blockers
These are two reasons that you would want to disable pop-up blockers:
- Pop-up blockers can block useful information like print and download options windows.
- They will close down pop-ups that show a result to a page or confirm a download.
How to Disable Pop-Up Blocker on Chrome for Windows
Step 1: Open Google Chrome on your Windows computer or device.
Step 2: What you have to do next is to Customize and Control Google Chrome menu. These are the three vertical dots that you can find in the upper right corner of the interface.
Step 3: Find the Settings option. You will be presented with a vast array of options in front of you. Scroll down the page and click Advanced.
Step 4: Next, head on over to the Site Settings option. This is the option that says, “Control what information websites can use and what content can they show you.”
Step 5: Select Pop-ups and Redirects in the options.
Step 6: For you to disable the pop-up blocker in your Google Chrome browser for all websites, you need to click the toggle on the Blocked (recommended) to turn it off.
Step 7: But, if you want to allow it on some sites, you need to check the Blocked (recommended) toggle and then put the websites’ URLs in the Allow portion. Just click Add. You will then have to key in the URL of the website.
How to Disable Pop-Up Blocker on Chrome for Android
If you want to disable pop-up blockers outright for all websites, follow these steps:
Step 1: Open the Chrome app on your Android phone or tablet.
Step 2: Look for the Customize and Control Google Chrome option in the interface of the Chrome app. It is usually seen to the right of the address bar. It is represented “More” and then followed by three circles that are arranged vertically. Go to Settings.
Step 3: In the Advanced settings part of the page, tap Site Settings and then go to Pop-ups and Redirects.
Step 4: Click on the toggle of Pop-ups and redirects to turn it off.
If you want to allow some websites to use pop-ups in your Android device, do the steps below:
- Go to the Android phone or tablet’s Chrome app.
- Go to a website, especially one where pop-ups are already blocked.
- At the bottom, a prompt will come out. Tap the Always show option.
How to Disable Pop Up Blocker on Chrome for iOS
Do you want to stop the effect of pop-up blockers in your iOS device’s Chrome app? Read below for the steps:
- Step 1: Locate the Chrome app on your iPad or iPhone.
- Step 2: Check out the options on the More button. It is the one represented by three dots arranged vertically. After that, go to Settings. You have to find the button with a gear icon on it.
- Step 3: After that, go to Content Settings. Find Block Pop-ups.
- Step 4: Turn off Block Pop-ups.
If you want to allow the pop-up feature for a few sites, follow the directions right below:
- Step 1: Open the Chrome app on the iOS device.
- Step 2: Open a website. It is highly likely that pop-ups are blocked on most of the websites anyway.
- Step 3: At the bottom, a prompt that says “Pop-ups are blocked” will come up. Tap the Always show option.
For those who are having problems with pop-ups in their Chrome app, read the steps here:
- Step 1: Just turn on the airplane mode on your iPhone or iPad.
- Step 2: Quit the Google Chrome app on the device.
- Step 3: Close down the tab of the Google Chrome app with the bad dialog box or pop-up window.
How to Disable Pop Up Blocker on Chrome for Mac
Mac is a different platform from Windows, so changing the settings is going to be different. Read below on how to do it:
- Step 1: Open the Google Chrome browser on your Mac laptop or computer.
- Step 2: Click the menu of the browser. It can be seen in the top left part of the screen. Go down to the Preferences option.
- Step 3: A menu box will appear on the screen. Click on Under the Hood and then go to Content settings.
- Step 4: Another menu box will pop out. Click Pop-ups. This is on the left side of the Features list.
- Step 5: Tap the radio button that says Allow all sites to show pop-ups. Close the box.
- Step 6: Tap the radio button that says Allow all sites to show pop-ups. Close the box.
While pop-up blockers are helpful, they are not always needed. A blanket ban on all pop-up windows may not serve you well.
As such, you should know how to disable pop-up blockers on all platforms. This article that provides the step-by-step guide on how to disable the pop-up blocker on Chrome is of big help.